Posted: Feb 19, 2022
Recap Courtesy Johnson & Wales Sports Information
Elizabeth City, NC - The Johnson & Wales Charlotte women's basketball team rallied from a fourth quarter deficit to defeat Mid-Atlantic Christian 63-58 on Saturday evening.
How It Happened:
- MACU made four 1st quarter 3 pointers in building a 14-10 lead in the first seven and a half minutes.
- The Wildcats closed the quarter with a 9-2 run to lead by three after ten minutes.
- Back-to-back Mariana Ballard three pointers pushed the JWU advantage to nine at 27-18. That would be their largest lead of the half.
- The game slowed at that point for the rest of the half, as the Wildcats took a 36-30 advantage at the break.
- MACU slowly whittled away at the JWU lead in the 3rd quarter, and Judea Edmonds' three pointer just before the end of the quarter evened things up at 51.
- The Mustangs scored the first 5 points of the final stanza and found themselves up 56-51 with 8:33 to play.
- JWU turned up the defensive pressure from that point, getting 4 straight stops and tying the score at 56.
- The Wildcats finished the game on a 7-2 spurt for the 63-58 win.
- JWU outrebounded MACU 45-40.
- The Wildcats only committed 14 turnovers, 5 below their season average.
- Jordan McDuffie scored 24 points and grabbed 11 rebounds.
- Tanaeschia Dorsey scored 16 points, while Jordan Durant added 10 off the bench.
- JWU improves to 16-3 overall and 8-1 in EMAC play while MACU drops to 10-9 overall and 4-4 in EMAC play.