Recap courtesy Johnson & Wales Sports Information
Charlotte, NC - The Johnson & Wales women's basketball team returned to the court after a two week break and downed Warren Wilson 71-55 in Eastern Metro Athletic Conference action on Wednesday night.
How It Happened:
- JWU made their first three field goals en route to a 9-0 lead in the game's first two minutes.
- The Wildcats converted 3 of 6 three point attempts in the first quarter to lead 21-13 after the first ten minutes.
- JWU's bench provided solid minutes in the second quarter as they helped the Wildcats maintain some separation from Warren Wilson. JWU led 31-24 at the break.
- A 10-5 spurt by the Owls in the first four minutes of the 3rd quarter saw them draw to within a basket at 36-34.
- Tee Dorsey responded with an conventional three point play on JWU's next possession to restore a five point advantage, and the Wildcats would lead 49-42 after three periods.
- Karynton Clark made a three pointer with 8 minutes left to extend the JWU lead to 13, and the Wildcats cruised home from that point.
- JWU tied their season-high with 8 three-pointers.
- The two teams played to a stalemate on the boards, each grabbing 39 rebounds.
- The Wildcats assisted on 17 of their 26 field goals.
- Jordan McDuffie was 8-16 from the field, and 5-8 from three point range in scoring 22 points and tallying 10 rebounds.
- Joyiah White had 10 points and 6 rebounds.
- Leslie Hodges scored a career-high 9 points, and also pulled down 7 rebounds.
- Clinton entered the game ranked #10 in USCAA Division I Women's Basketball, while the Wildcats are ranked #1 in USCAA Division II Women's Basketball.
- JWU improves to 11-2 overall and 3-0 in EMAC play while Warren Wilson drops to 5-13 overall and 3-3 in EMAC play.
The Wildcats will host Mid-Atlantic Christian on Friday, Feb, 4th at 3:30pm.